How to Participate:
- Students MUST be full-time students to be eligible to participate.
- Registration: Register to compete using the form below by February 13, 2024.
- Submit a 60-second video describing your entrée creation.
- Entrée creation and submission. Competitors who are selected to participate will be notified by February 22, 2024, and will then have until March 23, 2024, to create an original Globally inspired entrée using Kikkoman® Soy Sauce. (Students will be partnered with a mentor from February 23, 2024 – March 22, 2024 for training)
- 8 finalists will be selected from all entries.
Submit your concept name and video via the entry form
Grand Prize Winner Details:
The Grand Prize will include travel, hotel accommodations, and meals. The trip includes round-trip airfare to Japan from the closest international airport to the CIA campus that the student resides in unless prior arrangements are made. The winner will travel to Japan on August 11th, arriving in Tokyo, tour the Kikkoman plant in Noda, then experience a 5-day apprenticeship at Kikunoi Honten, a three Michelin starred restaurant in Kyoto, returning to the United States on August 20th. Students are advised to reserve time for the grand prize trip which is expected to be in August 2024.
Demonstrate your innovation, knowledge, and creativity using Kikkoman soy sauce as the central seasoning to create an Globally inspired entrée. The entrée can be targeted to different dining styles from casual to white tablecloth and can be inspire by other cuisines besides Japanese.
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce Choices – Must Use Regular, Less Sodium, and/or Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce.
- Other Kikkoman Sauces and Products – All sauces and products are encouraged, the judging criteria are based more on a creative and integrated use of Kikkoman® soy sauces, and less on the number of Kikkoman sauces and products.
- Please do not use sauces and products from other Asian sauce companies if Kikkoman makes a similar sauce or product. Do not use soy sauce from any other companies.
- Entrées must include chicken, pork, lamb, or beef.
- Competitors will prepare 6 servings/dishes during the competition – 4 for the judges, 1 show plate, 1 for themselves
- Entrées must be prepared from start to finish including all preparations in two hours, plus 15 minutes allowed for plating and service.
- All recipes entered become the property of Kikkoman.
- Please submit entrees only.
At Your Service
Contact us to access our 80 years of food intelligence, and turn our thought leadership into your reality. Simply fill out our contact form and a CIA consultant will get right back to you.
If you’d rather talk in person, give us a call at